The program is designed to help youth between the ages of 16 and 30 to overcome employment barriers by enabling them to develop life and employability skills to assist them on their journey toward reinsertion into the labour market and / or continue with their education, becoming a contributing and more employable member of society.
During the project, the youth will be exposed to four major themes. The major themes are:
1. Self knowledge and Employability
2. Skills Enhancement
3. Job Internships
4. Employment Readiness
The benefits to participating youth include:
• Youths will acquire important life and employability skills necessary to confidently enter the job market.
• Youths will have gained self-confidence and self-esteem to make better lifestyle choices through interactive workshops and daily support.
• Youths will experience and practice breaking isolation barriers in their community and region.
• Youth will receive paid training and work experience with businesses in their communities.
• Youths will have the opportunity to cultivate their strengths and to be viewed as assets in the making.
• Youths will have the potential to secure permanent employment following the end of the project.